San Giuliano dei Fiamminghi, Rome

in Roma, Italy



Category: Attraction

5 views 0 shares 0 comments

Bookmarkset bookmark!
Created/changed by: System

Address details

Via del Sudario, 39, 00186 Roma, Italy
Print route »

Coordinates

N41° 53' 45.2" E12° 28' 33"   (41.895888888889, 12.475833333333)
Start navigation »

Phone & WWW


Business hours

Info

The Church of St. Julian of the Flemings (Italian: Chiesa di S. Giuliano dei Fiamminghi, Dutch: Sint-Juliaan-der-Vlamingen, French: Saint-Julien des Flamands, Latin: S. Iuliani Flandrensium) is a Roman Catholic church dedicated to Saint Julian the Hospitaller, located in Rome, Italy. Historically, the church has been the National Church in Rome of the Southern Netherlands and, in 1830, became the national church of the Kingdom of Belgium.
According to tradition, the church was built when Flanders converted to the Christian faith, during the pontificate of Gregory II (715–753). The little church is part of a Roman building that was once the hospice of St. Julian of the Flemings, built to shelter pilgrims from the county of Flanders (Belgium). Its official denomination since 1979 is "Royal Belgian church and Foundation of Saint Julian of the Flemings" (Dutch: Koninklijke Belgische kerk en stichting Sint-Juliaan der Vlamingen, French: Eglise et fondation royale belge Saint Julien des Flamands).
In the Consistory of November 26, 1994, Jan Pieter Schotte was appointed the first Cardinal-Deacon of St. Julian, a position now occupied by Cardinal Walter Brandmüller, created in 2010.

Discussions

Random Images

Contact details

San Giuliano dei Fiamminghi, Rome

Address: Via del Sudario, 39, 00186 Roma, Italy
Phone: