San Gregorio VII

in Roma, Italy



Category: Attraction

5 views 0 shares 0 comments

Bookmarkset bookmark!
Created/changed by: System

Address details

Via del Cottolengo, 2-14, 00165 Roma RM, Italy
Print route »

Coordinates

N41° 53' 53.39" E12° 27' 0.43"   (41.898163888889, 12.450119444444)
Start navigation »

Phone & WWW


Business hours

Info

The Church of Saint Gregory VII (Italian: Chiesa di San Gregorio VII) is a Roman Catholic parish church on the Via del Cottolengo (Via Gregorio VII) in Rome dedicated to Saint Gregory VII. It was built by Mario Paniconi and Giulio Pediconi from 1960 to 1961, to serve a parish erected by Pope Pius XII in 1952. Its roof is held up by 10 concrete piers, and is structurally independent of the walls, which end before they reach the roof (the empty space between them being filled with glass). It is a parish church, served by Franciscans; in the crypt is a depiction of the Life of St Francis of Assisi in an unusual stone inlay technique. San Gregorio VII has been a titular church since 1969. The current Cardinal Priest of the Titulus Chiesa di San Gregorio VII is Moran Mor Baselios Cardinal Cleemis Catholicos, the Major Archbishop of Trivandrum.

Discussions

Random Images

Contact details

San Gregorio VII

Address: Via del Cottolengo, 2-14, 00165 Roma RM, Italy
Phone: