Vander Ende–Onderdonk House

in undefined, United States

Category: Attraction

10 views 0 shares 0 comments

Bookmarkset bookmark!
Created/changed by: System

Address details

18-20 Onderdonk Ave, Flushing, NY 11385, USA
Print route »


N40° 42' 40" W73° 55' 12"   (40.711111111111, -73.92)
Start navigation »

Phone & WWW

Business hours


Vander Ende–Onderdonk House (Van Anda House; Van Enden House) is a historic house at 1820 Flushing Avenue in Ridgewood, Queens. It is the oldest Dutch Colonial stone house in New York City.
The original house on the site was built in 1661 by Hendrick Barents Smidt, from land that was granted to him by Peter Stuyvesant. Another part of the structure, expanding from the original house, was built in 1709 by Paulus Vander Ende. The house was mentioned in a 1769 survey that established the boundary between Kings and Queens counties and may have been largely constructed around this time. The Onderdonk family acquired the property in 1821. In 1975 the house suffered a serious fire that destroyed many of its wooden elements. It was rebuilt in the early 1980s.The house was added to the National Register of Historic Places in 1977. It was designated a landmark by the New York City Landmarks Preservation Commission in 1995.


Random Images

Contact details

Vander Ende–Onderdonk House

Address: 18-20 Onderdonk Ave, Flushing, NY 11385, USA