Schottenkirche, Vienna

in Wien, Austria



Category: Attraction

5 views 0 shares 0 comments

Bookmarkset bookmark!
Created/changed by: System

Address details

Freyung 1586/3, 1010 Wien, Austria
Print route »

Coordinates

N48° 12' 42.84" E16° 21' 52.92"   (48.2119, 16.3647)
Start navigation »

Phone & WWW


Business hours

Info

The Schottenkirche (English: Scottish Church) is a parish church in Vienna attached to the Schottenstift, founded by Hiberno-Scottish Benedictine monks in the 12th century. In 1418, the Duke Albert V of Austria transferred it to the German-speaking Benedictine monks from the Melk Abbey during the Melker Reform initiated after the Council of Constance. The church has been elevated to the rank of Basilica Minor in 1958.
The Schottenkirche is located in the Freyung in the first district of Vienna's Innere Stadt.

Discussions

Random Images

Contact details

Schottenkirche, Vienna

Address: Freyung 1586/3, 1010 Wien, Austria
Phone: