Alumni Hall (DePaul University)

in Chicago, United States



Category: Attraction

3 views 0 shares 0 comments

Bookmarkset bookmark!
Created/changed by: System

Address details

Lincoln Park Student Center, 2250 N Sheffield Ave, Chicago, IL 60614, USA
Print route »

Coordinates

N41° 55' 22.8" W87° 39' 14.4"   (41.923, -87.654)
Start navigation »

Phone & WWW


Business hours

Info



Alumni Hall was a 5,308-seat multi-purpose arena in Chicago. The facility, which was dedicated on December 16, 1956, was owned and operated by DePaul University. It replaced the University Auditorium, the school's prior on-campus gym. It was home to all the DePaul University Blue Demons men's basketball team from 1956 until they moved to the Rosemont Horizon in 1980. The women's team played all their home games at Alumni Hall from 1974 to 2000, while the men's team played occasional games there. The building was the site of the first round of the NCAA Midwest Regional in 1960. The arena closed in 2000 and was torn down in 2001. The team moved to the DePaul Athletic Center, and the land was used for the new DePaul Student Center.The site was home to the Chicago Hustle of the WBL from 1978 to 1981 and used for first round NCAA Women's Basketball Tournament games in 1990 and 1992.

Discussions

Random Images

Contact details

Alumni Hall (DePaul University)

Address: Lincoln Park Student Center, 2250 N Sheffield Ave, Chicago, IL 60614, USA
Phone: