Bede House, Old Aberdeen

in Aberdeen, United Kingdom

Category: Attraction

5 views 0 shares 0 comments

Bookmarkset bookmark!
Created/changed by: System

Address details

22 Don St, Aberdeen AB24 1UU, UK
Print route »


N57° 10' 3.36" W2° 6' 5.76"   (57.1676, -2.1016)
Start navigation »

Phone & WWW

Business hours


The Bede House in Old Aberdeen, Scotland, is a 17th-century Scottish town house. It was built in 1676 as a residence for Bailie William Logan and his wife Jean Moir of Stoneywood. During the late 18th century, Old Aberdeen Bedesmen moved from their original hospital beside St Machar’s Church to the former Logan house in Don Street. In the 19th century the house changed hands. It was first owned by the Burgh of Old Aberdeen, then, by the City of Aberdeen after the merger of the two burghs in 1891. The house was refurbished by the City of Aberdeen Council in 1965. It was divided into two flats or apartments. The flats are now in private ownership. Much of the 17th-century building is in its original form. It is an excellent example of an L-shaped Scottish Town House, built on three floors with an attic.


Random Images

Contact details

Bede House, Old Aberdeen

Address: 22 Don St, Aberdeen AB24 1UU, UK