St. George's Anglican Church, Berlin

in Berlin, Germany



Category: Attraction

4 views 0 shares 0 comments

Bookmarkset bookmark!
Created/changed by: System

Address details

Badenallee 19, 14052 Berlin, Germany
Print route »

Coordinates

N52° 30' 44" E13° 15' 31"   (52.512222222222, 13.258611111111)
Start navigation »

Phone & WWW


Business hours

Info

St. George's Church (Englische Kirche zu St. Georg between 1885 and 1944) is an Anglican church in Berlin, Germany, a parish of the Diocese in Europe of the Church of England. The original building was erected on Monbijou Park in 1885, but was destroyed in the allied Bombing of Berlin in World War II. The original site on Oranienburger Straße happened to be in what had become the Soviet sector of Berlin in 1945 and was therefore abandoned and the ruins removed in 1949. In 1950 the congregation built a new church on the corner of Preußenallee and Badenallee in Neu-Westend, part of the Westend locality of Berlin in the British sector. The church served as the garrison church of the British Army during the Allied occupation, and reverted to civilian control in 1994.

Discussions

Random Images

Contact details

St. George's Anglican Church, Berlin

Address: Badenallee 19, 14052 Berlin, Germany
Phone: